Celebrate the 4th of July by running the Cheyenne Firecracker 5K. Starting on the depot plaza, run on the greenway through Optimist Park. Then run past Needs Inc. and over the viaduct; all while supporting a local nonprofit. All proceeds will go toward supporting the mission and programs of Needs Inc., a nonprofit that feeds low-income households in Laramie County.
Race Location (Start and Finish)
- Registration fees include a tech T-shirt (100% polyester) and refreshments: Starbucks Coffee, bagels, fruit, and water.
- Race starts at 8:00 a.m. Awards and drawings will begin at 9:00 a.m. The race will be over at 9:30 a.m.
- Walkers and those will strollers are welcome!
- Animals are not allowed in the Plaza area per City Code, unless it’s a certified service animal. Dogs are allowed along the race route, but not in the Plaza. If you run with a a dog, please keep it on a short leash so no one trips on it.
- “Virtual 5K“ option: Wanna run, but can’t make it to the race? Or, don’t want to run, but would like to support people who struggle with poverty? This option is for you!. You will still get a T-shirt. Just select “Virtual 5K” when you register. We will mail you your t-shirt if you notify us NLT June 25
- Race awards will include:
- Overall winners: male and female
- 1st and 2nd place finishers, male and female in each age category. Age groups: 14 and under, 15-24, 25-34, 35-44, 45-54, 55-64, 65+
|Early Start||Register On Time||Running Late||Race Day|
|February 1 – March 31||April 1 – May 31||June 1 – July 3||July 4|
|$25 Adults||$30 Adults||$35 Adults||$40 Adults|
|Special pricing is available for Kids 14 & under and Seniors 65+. $20||Special pricing is available for Kids 14 & under and Seniors 65+. $25||Special pricing is available for Kids 14 & under and Seniors 65+. $30||Special pricing is available for Kids 14 & under and Seniors 65+. $35|
- Register On-line
- Race Day Registration from 6:30 a.m. – 7:30 a.m. (Cash, checks, and credit cards accepted.)